If you like sweet potato fries, these baked butternut squash “fries” are a great alternative with fewer carbs and filled with healthy nutrients. This recipe could just as easily be applied to sweet potatoes as well.
To make you will need:
1 whole butternut squash
2 tsp olive or avocado oil
salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Peel butternut squash, cut in half length-wise and remove seeds.
3. Cut in half a second time width-wise and then cut into sticks or “fries”, about 1/4″ thick.
4. Place on foil lined baking sheet (you don’t have to use the foil, but I find it makes clean up easier).
5. Spread butternut squash sticks/fries evenly out on pan.
6. Drizzle oil over the squash and use a basting brush to coat sticks/fries evenly.
7. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste (or you may use cinnamon if you prefer a sweeter taste).
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes depending on desired texture.
These are great out of the oven on their own, but if you like a dipping sauce I recommend something a bit sweeter like honey.
Leave a Reply