Have you ever had one of those years where you feel like you blinked and it was over? For me 2017 was one of those years. There were highs and there were lows, but at the end of it all I consider myself one very lucky lady. 2017 presented me with opportunities that led to both personal and professional accomplishments I’m proud of, and offered so much joy in so many ways. As I get older it never fails to escape me that the things I continue to enjoy most in life really are the simplest things liking spending a summer evening on my oldest friend’s back porch catching up for hours over a bottle of wine, having my 6 year old niece surprised to see me and quickly greet me with a big smile and even bigger hug, being able to care for a friend going through a difficult time, hearing my nephew call me “Aunt Erin” for the first time, soaking in the sunset in a destination I had once only dreamed of traveling to or just sitting on the beach watching and listening to the waves crash against the shore.
As we get ready to turn the page into 2018 I find myself feeling blessed, grateful and optimistic. There are so many things I want to do in the coming year and look forward to sharing some of them here with you. I’m going into the new year with fewer commitments, fewer projects and a bit more spare time to refocus my energy toward some of the more creative activities that I love, but didn’t have as much time for this year, including adding new content to Pumpkins & Spice. Be on the lookout for new content starting next week. Some other changes coming to Pumpkins & Spice this year:
- More content year-round. Fall will always be the primary focal point of this site, but I really want to stay connected to my readers year round. Who’s to say we can’t talk about pumpkin cookies in April, be thinking about apple crisp in July and be dreaming of beautiful fall decor in August, right?
- Videos and Facebook Live posts. I wanted to do this last fall, but it just didn’t fit in with everything else I had going on.
- Regular”….and Everything Nice” posts. Instead of the random “….and Everything Nice” posts here and there, starting in January you will start to see a regular recurring “….and Everything Nice” post capturing some of my favorite things, whatever those things may be.
- The Spice Rack & Pumpkin Patch are (finally) coming to life! Again, part of my vision for Pumpkins & Spice for awhile now, they are just now starting to happen and I’m super excited about what I have in the works for both. More details on those items to come soon.
- A couple other surprises you’ll see this Fall/Labor Day Weekend 2018 if all goes according to plan.
- E-Mail Subscription – The subscribe link on my site is currently not working and I’m working on getting that reinstalled now. I hope to have that fixed soon.
I wish everyone a very safe & happy new year!