I’ve mentioned before in some of my previous posts that there is a little shop locally I love called Farmers & Artisans. They focus on all natural whole foods and one of their offerings is a fresh weekly seafood catch. They let you know what the choice for the week is on Monday, you place your order by Thursday morning, they catch it and ship it overnight. We’re talking fresh fish here! This week’s offering was Pacific Cod from Alaska. I ordered some and as usual I was not disappointed. Given it’s the first real Spring day here in Western New York I opted for a little lemon flavor and made this lemon parmesan crust for the fish. It came out great!
Servings: 2 or 4 depending on how you opt to cut the fish
You will need:
1 lb. cod
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
3 tbsp milk
olive oil spray (I use real extra virgin/cold press olive oil in a Misto sprayer)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Be sure the cod has been skinned & de-boned. I run the fish under a cold water rinse and cut the filets into 4 smaller pieces.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley & lemon pepper seasoning.
3. Put the milk on a dinner size plate and coat both sides of the fish. Dip the fish in the bread crumb mixture until coated on both sides.
4. Put all 4 pieces of fish in an ungreased glass baking dish and top with any remaining bread crumb mix. Spray with olive oil.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes until you have a light tender flake.
Serve with a seasonal vegetable and you have a flavorful & healthy dinner on the table in less than a half hour.
Note: If you prefer a stronger lemon flavor, use 1 tsp. of lemon pepper seasoning instead of 1/2 tsp.