These little pumpkin bites are so easy to make and store easily for a quick bite or two on the go, or just a little nibble of something when your sweet tooth comes calling.
Yield: 22-24 pcs.
You will need:
2 1/2 cups plain oats
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Line a medium cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
2. Put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly until blended well.
3. Mix into 1″ balls (or another size if you prefer). I use a medium cookie dough scoop to make each of the balls even.
4. Place the pumpkin balls on to the lined cookie sheet and store in the freezer for one hour, or refrigerator for two hours.
5. Remove the cookie sheet from the freezer or refrigerator and put the bites in an air tight container or freezer bag and return to freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve.
Eat chilled (frozen or refrigerated, whichever you prefer). These will start to lose their shape if sitting at room temperature too long so I do recommend serving & eating these cold.