Since I know so many are not ready to let the goodness of Summer go just yet, here is the perfect summer to fall transition breakfast embracing and blending the best of both seasons. These Pumpkin Peach Blueberry pancakes serve up a flavorful & healthy start to the day!
1 1/2 cups flour (I used unbleached whole wheat flour)
1 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup blueberries
1/3 cup chopped peach
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 large egg
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt (I used ground sea salt)
1. Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder & salt) together in medium mixing bowl.
2. In small mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, egg & vanilla extract until blended.
3. Add wet mixture to dry flour mixture and blend until batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
4. Add all but 1 tbsp. of the chopped walnuts to the batter.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes on lightly greased pan/griddle until both sides are slightly golden and middle is firm.
6. Move to plate and top with peaches, blueberries, walnuts and maple syrup to your liking. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8-10 pancakes Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking Time: 3-5 min. Total Time: 15 min.