Meet my new favorite squash, Delicata squash. I am a fan of Butternut squash, but like most I don’t exactly love the prep work involved in preparing Butternut squash. The beauty of Delicata is that you don’t have to peel the skin, it cooks up nice & tender when roasted and I love the flavor. I just used a little butter & brown sugar for this batch, but I’m sure this is a squash I’ll be experimenting with in different recipes moving forward.
Yield: 4-6 side servings
You will need:
2 Delicata squash
2 Tbsp. melted butter
2 tsp. brown sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse the squash and cut the ends. Then cut in half length wise and remove the seeds & pulp. Cut into slices about 1/2″ thick.
3. Melt butter. Put the cut squash pieces into a bowl or zip bag and coat with the melted butter and brown sugar. You can mix in a bowl, but I find putting them in a zip bag and shaking the bag is easier, gives the squash an even coating and makes for easier clean-up.
4. Spread the squash evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes turning half way through.
5. After cooking for 25-30 minutes, remove from oven and serve immediately.