With fall officially in full swing and the seasonal produce hitting shelves, this dish has become one of my favorite guilt-free and easy fall meals. It’s a simple spaghetti squash with tomato sauce that not only packs in a healthy dose of nutrients, is low in fat and calories, it’s also delicious. You can’t go wrong on this dish as a full meal or a side dish to a protein.
1 medium spaghetti squash
2 cups tomato sauce (or another sauce of your liking)
1 tablespoon olive or infused basting oil
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut squash length wise and spoon out guts & seeds in the center of the squash.
3. Evenly and lightly brush the remaining inside of the squash with a little oil.
4. Place prepared squash on flat pan and cook for 40-50 minutes until squash easily separates with a fork.
5. When squash is cooked, remove from oven and use a fork to separate from the rind and put into a bowl or directly on serving dishes.
6. Top with sauce, parmesan cheese, parsley and serve immediately.