Cinnamon French Toast bakes have become very popular over the last couple years, possibly before and I only just recently caught on to this deliciousness. This breakfast casserole is so good all on its own, but throw in a fresh apple with a little apple cider and it gives the warm cinnamon rolls a little bit of a crisp bite and sweet flavor that blends so well together.
You will need:
2 cans ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls
1 large granny smith or honeycrisp apple
5 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp apple cider
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly grease bottom of 8X12 or 9X13 baking/casserole dish.
3. Open the containers of cinnamon rolls and put icing packets to the side. Cut the cinnamon rolls into chunks (I usually do 6 pcs/roll) and spread one even layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Peel and cut the apple into small chunks, layer 1/2 the apple over the cinnamon rolls and repeat a second layer with remaining cinnamon rolls and apple.
5. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, apple cider, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread mixture evenly over cinnamon rolls & apples.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes (check center of casserole bake to ensure it’s baked through).
7. Remove baking dish from oven and pour icing packet over the casserole bake, and add a little maple syrup if desired. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply