With Thanksgiving just around the corner this week I am still making my traditional creamy & onion flavored green bean casserole, but I’m also including a bit of a lighter option with these green beans almondine.
Yield: 4 servings
You will need:
1 lb. fresh green beans
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
- Wash & trim ends of green beans.
- Fill a cooking pot (I use a 6 qt pot) half way w/water. Add green beans and bring to a boil.
- Let green beans cook 6-8 minutes, drain & rinse shock under cold water.
- Cut the lemon half to yield 1-2 slices for garnish. Split to center of the slice & twist.
- Coat green beans with olive oil, salt & pepper to taste and squeeze the remaining lemon half over the beans.
- Sprinkle w/slivered almonds & serve, garnish with lemon & serve.
Leave a Reply