This pan of seasonal veggies and beans is my new favorite side dish for the season. It’s super easy to make, full of wonderful flavor and on the healthy side.
You will need:
2-3 cups chopped broccoli
2-3 cups chopped cauliflower
2-3 cups small cubes butternut squash
1 1/2 cups canned white/cannellini beans rinsed
2 Tbsp+1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper (makes for super easy clean-up).
3. Toss the broccoli, cauliflower, squash and beans together in a large bowl.
4. Coat evenly with olive oil, spread on pan and sprinkle with a little salt & pepper to taste
5. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes depending on desired texture
Note: I like the beans roasted because it gives them a little bit of a crispiness to the outside. If you prefer them soft, just reserve off to the side while the veggies are roasting and add in when the veggies come out of the oven. They will warm up with the heat from the roasted vegetables, or you can warm up briefly in the microwave first and add to the mixture.
Leave a Reply